Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Favorite Chapter

If you have read my previous blogs, you already know I have been reading social media related books and writing blogs about them. The most recent book was "Measure What Matters" by Katie Delahaye Paine. I just recently finished this book and I can safely say I would recommend it to someone in a related field.

This book is a key tool for measuring important your customers, social media, engagement and key relationships. Each of these different aspects of an organization are important in their own way and they should each be effectively measured.

I would have to say Chapter 14 was my favorite chapter. I may be partial at this point in time because the chapter is about higher education and I am interning at ONU right now, but it is still a very good read. The chapter maps out five steps that help make measuring easier in higher education. The five steps include:

  1. Identify and Prioritize Your Audiences
  2. Define Your Objectives and Get Everyone on the Same Page
  3. Establish a Benchmark
  4. Pick a Measurement Tool and Collect Data
  5. Analyze the Data, Glean Insight, Make Changes and Measure Again
In one of my recent blogs, I explained why it is necessary for higher education institutions to participate in a rebranding process. The same goes for higher education measurement. The higher education world is becoming more competitive than it has been in the past. In order for institutions to deliver a high performance, they need to measure their audiences, what their audiences are talking about, and what their audiences want.

Now that you have  a sneak peek into "Measure What Matters," I suggest you get your own copy and read the book. You will not regret the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment