Sunday, October 5, 2014

SPC Country Night

As I stated in a previous post, I am a member of the Ohio Northern University Student Planning Committee. This committee puts on events for the students on campus. My first event, Hawaiian style mini golf, was an absolute success. This past Wednesday, October 1, I had my second event. I had to create a spirit week event.

As I sat brainstorming event ideas, I ran across a mechanical bull on a website. Instantly I wanted to make this the event. After working out the logistics, the event was called Country Night and we began advertising.

My group and I took care of the usual advertising: a-boards, the mac board and our secondary advertisement. This time we handed out caramel apple suckers to students with a sticker on each one that described the event. At our event we had free chicken wings, raffle prizes, sweet tea, lemonade, corn hole, can jam and yes, the mechanical bull.

This event was another success. I was beyond satisfied with the way it turned out. There were around 100 students in attendance and 71 of them rode the mechanical bull. We poured the drinks into mason jars so the first 50 students in attendance got to take one home with them. I think people really enjoyed the mason jars.

The raffle prizes were all country themed. For example we had a camouflage chair, a camouflage hat and camouflage play cards. These were just some of the fun prizes. We handed out a prize for the person who stayed on the mechanical bull the longest also.

Although the event went well, there is one thing that I would have changed about this event. I did not order enough chicken wings. People were coming to the event and expecting to get wings but we had ran out. I ordered 100 wings but people seemed to be very hungry. Next time this event is put on, we will know to get more than 100 wings.

My awesome SPC group!

No comments:

Post a Comment