Monday, October 6, 2014

Meet My Best Friend

In life, you have people who  bring you down and make you feel small and then you have people who lift you up and inspire you to be the best that you can be. My best friend, Kate Sims, inspires me to be the best that I can be every single day. She supports me and she makes me a better person.

Not only is Kate an amazing friend, she is a two time Ironman triathlon competitor. For those of you who do not know, an Ironman is a 140.6 mile race. It starts out with a 2.4 mile swim then goes on to a 112 mile bike ride and finishes with a 26.2 mile run. Ironman triathletes are some of the strongest people you will ever meet, emotionally and physically. Kate is proof of that.

Kate and I's friendship began at Ohio Northern University's freshman orientation. Her and I and one other girl became really close in that one day. Over the summer we exchanged some text messages but that was about it. When we got back to school the friendship progressed.

This picture describes our friendship perfectly.

After three and a half years of friendship, Kate and I have become very close. I think this is because of how different and the same we are. Our personalities reflect one another perfectly. We have been through some very tough times together and each one has proven how much we can count on each other.

I have never laughed with another person more than I have with Kate. I would not trade my best friend for the world.

At this time in my life, I know that it is not as important to focus on how many friends I have, but on how many real friends I have. Kate is just one of the amazing friends that I have in my life and I am thankful every day for each one of them.

"Life is nothing without friendship." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment